(see Constitution ESES GA virtuell May 28, 2021)
Membership of the Society shall be open to clinicians who have high professional standards and whose activities are orientated towards clinical practice and research in endocrine surgery. Contribution to the pertinent scientific literature will represent a major criterion in determining membership.
The types of membership are
1. Active members are the original charter members and other members subsequently elected, whose centre of life is in a European country or who at least spend most of her/his surgical activity in a European country, provided that their membership fee has been paid.
2. Corresponding members are clinicians working outside Europe who have equivalent qualifications to active members. They have no voting rights nor are eligible for election as officers. They pay a reduced membership fee.
3. Junior members are surgeons in training under the age of 35 years who are elected. They have no voting rights nor are eligible for election as officers. They pay a reduced membership fee.
4. Honorary members are individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the discipline of endocrine surgery. They shall have no voting privileges, are not eligible for election as officers, and do not pay membership fees.
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
We would invite you to complete the online application form available on our website and to upload your CV, including your list of publications and list of endocrine surgical procedures there.
FURTHER APPLICATION PROCESS
Candidature shall be reviewed by the Membership Committee which decides the acceptance or rejection of candidates after individual discussion. Accepted candidates will be notified electronically and confirmed by the Executive Council.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE
Types of membership
Active members Euro 80,00 per year
Junior members Euro 40,00 per year
Corresponding members Euro 70,00 per year
The annual fee has to be paid until March 30 of the current year. In case membership fee payment has not been received by November 30 of the current year – despite receiving two written reminders – the Executive Council will expel a member. The obligation to pay outstanding membership fees remains unaffected thereby.
If you would like to re-activate your membership, please contact the ESES office at any time!
Fees for ESES congresses and conferences are reduced for active and corresponding members if all membership fees are paid.
NOTE: Applications submitted between:
- January 1 and August 31 are effective for the current year. Approved applicants will receive all publications mailed since January 1 of the current year.
- Membership applications from November 1 to December 31 are effective for the following calendar year. Benefits will begin on January 1 the following calendar year.